A partial view of the lower lights of the window in the Holy Trinity Church in St Mary Magdalene's Church, formed from medieval stained glass

Date:
1930-1953
Location:
St Mary Magdalenes Church, Church Walk, Newark, Newark And Sherwood, Nottinghamshire
Reference:
AA53/10885
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

The stained glass in the window in the Holy Spirit Chapel was gathered from medieval fragments from the church and were assembled into a window in 1846. In 1957 the window was restored and re-arranged; the panels are no longer in the positions shown in this photograph. The glass dates from the 14th and 15th centuries. The scenes depicted including Biblical stories, legendary events, coats of arms, and saints. The other windows in St Mary Magdalene's Church date from the 19th and 20th centuries.

Content

This is part of the Series: LTC01/01 Lady Trenchard Cox: Series of Negatives; within the Collection: LTC01 Lady Trenchard Cox Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Cox, Mary Desiree

Keywords

Stained Glass, Medieval Parish Church, Religion