A partial view of the third window from the east in the north aisle of St Mary's Church, with stained glass depicting scenes associated with the Nativity

Date:
1930-1953
Location:
St Marys Church, High Street, Fairford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire
Reference:
AA53/12711
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

The stained glass in St Mary's Church dates from around 1500. This window is numbered nIII, being in the north aisle, and is the third window from the east counting from the east window. It is located in the north chapel, or Lady Chapel. From left to right, the scenes depicted in this stained glass window are the Annunciation, the Nativity, the Wise Men, and the Circumcision of Jesus.

Content

This is part of the Series: LTC01/01 Lady Trenchard Cox: Series of Negatives; within the Collection: LTC01 Lady Trenchard Cox Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Cox, Mary Desiree

Keywords

Stained Glass, Window, Medieval Parish Church, Religion