A partial view of a 14th century window on the north side of the chancel of St Michael's Church, with stained glass depicting St Christopher, St Blaise, Eve, and Adam

Date:
1930-1954
Location:
St Michael's Church, Halam, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire
Show all locations
St Michael the Archangel's Church, Halam, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire
Reference:
AA54/04134
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

The stained glass lights in the window on the north side of the chancel depict St Christopher on the top left and St Blaise on the top right, with Eve spinning and Adam delving in the lower left and right lights respectively. In the minor light above is the Shield of Boselingthorp; the family held land at Bothamsall, Nottinghamshire.

Content

This is part of the Series: LTC01/01 Lady Trenchard Cox: Series of Negatives; within the Collection: LTC01 Lady Trenchard Cox Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Cox, Mary Desiree

Keywords

Stained Glass, Window, Medieval Parish Church, Religion