Part of a window in Holy Trinity Church, with stained glass including a panel depicting a Lily Crucifix

Date:
1930-1956
Location:
Holy Trinity Church, Church Walk, Long Melford, Babergh, Suffolk
Reference:
AA56/05661
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

The Lily Crucifix depicts Christ crucified on a lily. The panel dates from 1350 and is now located in the east window of the Clopton Chantry. It is not clear in which window this panel was originally place and which is shown in this photograph. The windows of Holy Trinity Church were restored in the 19th century and again in the 1960s, when much of the glass was moved.

Paper has been affixed to this negative to create the part enlargement in the Red Box Collection.

Content

This is part of the Series: LTC01/01 Lady Trenchard Cox: Series of Negatives; within the Collection: LTC01 Lady Trenchard Cox Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Cox, Mary Desiree

Keywords

Stained Glass, Window, Medieval Church, Religion