A window in the north aisle of St Neot's Church, with stained glass depicting St Petroc, St Clair, St Manac, and God carrying souls in a cloth cradle

Date:
1930-1959
Location:
St Neot's Church, St. Neot, Cornwall
Show all locations
St Anietus's Church, St. Neot, Cornwall
Reference:
AA59/01945
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

The stained glass in St Neot's Church dates from the 15th and 16th centuries, and was restored in 1830. This window was installed in 1529 by female donors of the parish. The main figures depicted in the stained glass panels are, from left to right, St Petroc, St Clair, St Manac, and God carrying souls in a napkin stretched between his hands - a representation of All Saints or All Souls. In the bottom panels of the four lights are the donors.

Content

This is part of the Series: LTC01/01 Lady Trenchard Cox: Series of Negatives; within the Collection: LTC01 Lady Trenchard Cox Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Cox, Mary Desiree

Keywords

Stained Glass, Window, Medieval Parish Church, Religion