Panels in the bottom row of the third and fourth lights from the north in the east window of St Andrew's Church
- St Andrew's Church, Church Road, Greystoke, Eden, Cumbria
- Photograph (Negative)
The stained glass was supposedly removed from the church during the English Civil War. Some was removed in 1790 and placed in a window of Greystoke Castle Chapel. The fragments of glass were restored in 1848 and placed in the east window of St Andrew's Church, though not all in the correct order. The lower half of the main lights show ten scenes from the life of St Andrew. The upper panels of the main lights contain earlier glass, thought to date from the 14th century. The tracery lights, formed mostly of glass from 1848, contain heraldic symbols including the Royal arms and the arms of various dioceses. This photograph shows the stained glass panels in the bottom row of the third and fourth lights from the north.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Cox, Mary Desiree
Stained Glass, Window, Medieval Collegiate Church, Religion
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.