Exterior view of the north side of St Swithin's Church
- 1940 - 1962
- St Swithin's Church, Newnham, Nately Scures, Basingstoke And Deane, Hampshire
- Photograph (Negative)
Exterior view of the north side of S Swithin's Church, including the north door made of Binstead stone. The door has zig-zag patterns on the outer mouldings of the arch which are difficult to see, but the shape of the trefoil head on the inner order is clear. To the right of the building is the stone bell turret that rises higher than the roof. In the foreground is part of the churchyard, with headstones visible. Some of the foliage obscures the eastern end of the church. The church is an example of a single cell apsidal church, and dates to the 12th century.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Booty, E M
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.