Exterior view of St Thomas of Canterbury's Church, seen from the east, with the apse and churchyard in the foreground
- 1940 - 1962
- St Thomas' Church, Tangley, Test Valley, Hampshire
- Photograph (Negative)
The building is a single cell medieval church with an apse on the eastern end, a north vestry and transept, south porch and a west tower, which was added in 1898. The apse is in the foreground, just behind the churchyard, with a semi-circular tiled roof and the wall behind it to the south has buttresses. In the distance is the south porch and the west tower, which has an octagonal stair tower at the south west corner. The church dates back to the medieval period but was extensively rebuilt in 1875 by William White.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Booty, E M
Medieval Parish Church, Victorian Parish Church
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.