Exterior view of the south side of St Mary's Church, with the tower on the right and south porch on the left

Date:
1940 - 1962
Location:
St Mary's Church, Breamore, New Forest, Hampshire
Reference:
AA62/07288
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

A view of the south side of St Mary's Church, moste likely seen from the west, with part of the churchyard in the foreground. On the left side of the image is the south porch, a gabled section with a light above the round door and wooden panelling. To the right is the south porticus, and behind this is the tower, which has a tile pyramid shaped roof. The church is a Saxon 10th century building with minor changes made during the medieval period.

Content

This is part of the Series: EMB01/01 Negatives taken by Mrs E M Booty; within the Collection: EMB01 Mrs E M Booty Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Booty, E M

Keywords

Early Medieval Parish Church