Exterior view of the north side of Corhampton Church

Date:
1940 - 1962
Location:
Corhampton Church, Corhampton And Meonstoke, Corhampton, Winchester, Hampshire
Show all locations
Church, Corhampton And Meonstoke, Corhampton, Winchester, Hampshire
Reference:
AA62/07295
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

Exterior view of the north side of Corhampton Church, a two-cell Saxon church which dates to around 1020, with the brick east end on the left side of the image, and the west on the right. The east end was replaced in 1855 after it collapsed due to road works. The flint vestry with stone dressings protrudes from the north side, with a door sinking bleow the ground level. At the west end is a small bell turret.

Content

This is part of the Series: EMB01/01 Negatives taken by Mrs E M Booty; within the Collection: EMB01 Mrs E M Booty Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Booty, E M

Keywords

Early Medieval Parish Church