Exterior view of the south side and west tower of St Mary's Church,
- 1940 - 1949
- St Mary's Church, Itchen Valley, Easton, Winchester, Hampshire
- Photograph (Negative)
Exterior view of the south side and west tower of St Mary's Church, with a small section of the churchyard in the foreground. The tower has a protruding section, most likely the south-east stair tower, which was restored in the 19th century and is topped with a tiled roof. Around the tower at the same height is a tiled skirt, and above a slightly narrower upper storey of the tower, which is topped again with a pyramid shaped tiled roof. To the right of the tower is the south side of the church, with a door set in a round arch in the centre. The church dates to 1200, and was restored by H. Woodyer between 1866-1872.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Booty, E M
Medieval Parish Church
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.