Exterior view of south side of St Mary's Church, with the bellcote on the left and the churchyard in the foreground

1940 - 1949
St Mary's Church, Ellingham, Harbridge And Ibsley, Ellingham, New Forest, Hampshire
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Not what you're looking for? Try a new search


Exterior view of the south side of the church, with the path in the churchyard leading from the right to the central south porch with pediment and arched doorway. On the left of the porch is a two light window, and on the left is a three light window. Further left is a partial view of a protruding section of the church with a door and small window above it. To the right on the west end of the roof is a bellcote topped with a hipped roof. The church dates to the 13th century, and was altered during the 15th, early to mid 18th centuries and restored by Sir T. G. Jackson between 1869-1890.


This is part of the Series: EMB01/01 Negatives taken by Mrs E M Booty; within the Collection: EMB01 Mrs E M Booty Collection


© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Booty, E M


Medieval Parish Church