The photographer’s notes state: ‘Old houses south side King Street. No. 6 (large house at the corner of Queen Charlotte Street), nos. 7 & 8 (gabled) going westwards.
A little later No. 6 became No. 44 Queen Charlotte Street, the side entrance being now used in place of the main one. In Aug. 1946 the house had recently been done up, and gone back to being No. 6 King Street, using the old main entrance. Now the headquarters of the British Council Centre in Bristol.'
© Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills