A post mill stood at this site until 1868 when Cook of Melton built this tower mill in its place. By the time that this picture was taken in 1936 the mill was no longer wind-powered, but had an engine installed instead. The mill was operational until 1962.
This is part of the Collection: SIM01 H E S Simmons Collection
Source: Historic England Archive
People & Organisations
Photographer: Simmons, Herbert Edward Sydney
Victorian Tower Mill