The ropery was gutted by a fire in 1812 and was restored and rebuilt and continuted producing ropes until 1941. It is now used for storage.
This is part of the Volume: AL0637 Devonport Dockyard, City of Plymouth, Volume Two; within the Series: OWS01/01 The 'Blue Albums'; within the Collection: OWS01 Office of Works and Successors: Ancient Monuments and Historic Buildings
© Crown copyright
People & Organisations
Photographer: Department Of The Environment
Georgian Ropery, Post Medieval Dockyard