Interior view of St Winifred's Church focusing on a three decker pulpit

Date:
1940 - 1953
Location:
St Winifreds Church, Wadham Monument, Branscombe, East Devon, Devon
Reference:
BB53/00620
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Description

A 17th century three decker pulpit, with the lowest level for clerks made from pine and the other levels from oak. The third level is hexagonal in shape and is used to read sermons from. The church may have Saxon parts, but has been developed continuously between the 12th and 17th centuries.

Content

This is part of the Series: EMB01/01 Negatives taken by Mrs E M Booty; within the Collection: EMB01 Mrs E M Booty Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Booty, E M

Keywords

Medieval Parish Church, Post Medieval Pulpit

Back
to top