The former Red Lion public house located on the south east side of Main Street between the White Lion public house and the Methodist Church

Date:
1953
Location:
Red Lion Public House, Main Street, Blidworth, Newark and Sherwood, Nottinghamshire
Reference:
BB53/00834
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The cottages in this part of Main Street were demolished in the latter part of the 20th century. The house shown here was the former Red Lion pub. In 1907 an application to renew its licence to sell alcohol was contested by Superintendent Rodgers on the basis that the village of Blidworth had too many public houses for the size of the population.

Content

This is part of the Series: MBA01/01 Maurice Barley Collection - Negatives; within the Collection: MBA01 Maurice Barley Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Barley, Maurice Willmore

Keywords

House, Public House

Back
to top