A view looking north along Conduit Hill showing the external staircase on the south side of The Monastery, and with the figure of a boy visible at the far end of the path

Date:
1888
Location:
The Monastery, Conduit Hill, Rye, Rother, East Sussex
Reference:
BB54/01955
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Description

The Monastery is the former chapel to Austin Friary, which was dissolved in the 16th century.

Content

This is part of the Collection: NMR07 NMR Accessioned Negatives - Catalogued

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Bedford, Edward John

Keywords

Medieval Augustinian Friary, Medieval Chapel

Back
to top