Exterior view of St Oswald's Church seen from the east

Date:
1940 - 1957
Location:
St Oswalds Church, Peover Inferior, Lower Peover, Cheshire East
Reference:
BB57/00116
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Description

An exterior view of the church which has an oak framed nave, chancel and aisles with a roof with three ridges, and a partial view of the west tower in the background. The nave, chancel and aisles date to the 14th or 15th centuries, and the west tower may date to 1582 or earlier. The roof over the chancel is slightly lower than that of the nave, which can be seen in the image. The roof was altered in this way in 1852 and before it had a single roof.

Content

This is part of the Series: EMB01/01 Negatives taken by Mrs E M Booty; within the Collection: EMB01 Mrs E M Booty Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Booty, E M

Keywords

Medieval Church, Medieval Timber Framed Building

Back
to top