Exterior view of St Nicholas' Church seen from the churchyard

Date:
1940 - 1949
Location:
Church of St Nicholas, Lower Street, Leeds, Maidstone, Kent
Reference:
BB57/00130
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Description

View of the church, probably from the south east, with the south side of the church and the west tower visible. The south porch is obscured by foliage in the churchyard but above from that is the two storey tower with battlements and short wooden spire. The church has work dating between the 11th and 15th ceturies, and was restored in 1879.

Content

This is part of the Series: EMB01/01 Negatives taken by Mrs E M Booty; within the Collection: EMB01 Mrs E M Booty Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Booty, E M

Keywords

Medieval Church

Back
to top