The exterior of the 12th century church, taken from the south, showing the embattled west tower and later south porch. The church was probably built by Edwin, son of Godegose, as a private church, but later became parochial.

Date:
1911
Location:
St Giles Church, St Giles Street, Oxford, Oxfordshire
Reference:
BB57/01339
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Archival History

Negative bought from Mr Neville

Content

This is part of the Series: HWT01/01 Glass plate negatives and inkjet prints; within the Collection: HWT01 Henry W Taunt collection

Rights

Source: Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Holder of Original Archive: National Monuments Record

Photographer: Taunt, Henry W

Curator: Smith, Adam

Keywords

Porch, Tower, Church, Religion

Back
to top