The front elevation of 56 Village Road

Date:
1957
Location:
54 Glapton Lane, Clifton, City Of Nottingham
Reference:
BB58/00040
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Image not available

Description

The building, formerly known as TIL House, began life as a timber framed hall house of the 14th century. It was enlarged circa 1600 and encased in brick in 1707. This photograph features opposite page 42 (plate 1a) in The English Farmhouse and Cottage; Barley MW; London; 1961.

Content

This is part of the Series: MBA01/01 Maurice Barley Collection - Negatives; within the Collection: MBA01 Maurice Barley Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Barley, Maurice Willmore

Keywords

House, Farmhouse

Back
to top