A view showing the timber framed building in King's Head Yard

Date:
1885
Location:
Kings Head Yard, Southwark, Greater London Authority, SE1
Reference:
BB61/01089
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

In this photograph the former King's Head Inn is being used as warehousing space by D & D Jacobs. Borough was the terminal of most coaches to London before the widening of streets in 1830 to allow easier access across London Bridge. Many coaching inns were located here, although few dated back further than 1676 when a great fire destroyed much of the High Street.

Content

This is part of the Collection: NMR07 NMR Accessioned Negatives - Catalogued

Rights

Source: Historic England Archive

Keywords

Stuart Inn, Stuart Timber Framed Building

Back
to top