The Village Bakehouse in the centre of Papworth St Agnes

Date:
May 1962
Location:
Village Bakehouse, Papworth St. Agnes, South Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire
Reference:
BB69/02038
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

Built by Lord of the Manor as a communal bakehouse in circa 1850, the bakehouse may also have provided the local people with a copper for scalding (removing the hair from) pigs.

Content

This is part of the Collection: NMR07 NMR Accessioned Negatives - Catalogued

Rights

Source: Historic England Archive

Keywords

Victorian Bakehouse

Back
to top