The south front of Manor House, seen from the east side of the drive
- 19 Jan 1928
- Manor House, Sidcup Green, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
- Photograph (Negative)
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.
The photographer's notes state: 'Front from E.S.E'.
The house was built around 1790 and until 1832 it was known as Palace Green House. Between 1832 and the late 1860s it was called Sidcup House before it was renamed again, this time as Manor House. From 1911 until the start of the Second World War the house was used as a school. In 1939 it became a nursing home and was used as such until it was sold to the Chislehurst and Sidcup Urban District Council in 1950. It now serves as the Registry Office for the borough of Bexley.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
20th Century School, Georgian House