A view looking through an open doorway on the north side of Manor House

Date:
16 Jun 1944
Location:
Manor House, Sidcup Green, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08551
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'Garden door in north front. Looking through to S. front'.

The house was built around 1790 and until 1832 it was known as Palace Green House. Between 1832 and the late 1860s it was called Sidcup House before it was renamed again, this time as Manor House. From 1911 until the start of the Second World War the house was used as a school. In 1939 it became a nursing home and was used as such until it was sold to the Chislehurst and Sidcup Urban District Council in 1950. It now serves as the Registry Office for the borough of Bexley.

The upper right corner of the glass negative has been damaged and repaired.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Doorway, Georgian House, 20th Century Nursing Home

Back
to top