The two oasthouses and assorted farm buildings at Halfway Street Farm, taken from Station Road to the south-east

Date:
2 Nov 1931
Location:
Halfway Street Farm, Halfway Street, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08635
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'Halfway Street Farm from Station Road, Lamorbey, from S.S.E. The trees at the end are those of the churchyard of Holy Trinity church'.

The farm was located at the east end of Halfway Street, close to where it becomes Station Road. It was demolished in the 1930's and became the site of the Odeon cinema.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Post Medieval Farm Building, Post Medieval Oasthouse

Back
to top