A view looking north-east towards Frognal House with a dog standing on the grass to the north of the drive

Date:
26 Jan 1929
Location:
Frognal House, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08701
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes: 'Drive. Looking down drive to the entrance quadrangle of the house'.

Frognal House was a large country house which was once the seat of the Viscounts Sydney. In 1917 it became the site of the new Queen’s Hospital (later Queen Mary’s Hospital), a centre for pioneering plastic surgery. The house was later used for many years as administrative offices but is now a retirement home.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

20th Century Hospital, Post Medieval Country House

Back
to top