The entrance yard on the north side of the south-west front of Frognal House

Date:
23 May 1929
Location:
Frognal House, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08703
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The house. The entrance quadrangle in the summer'. The negative BB71/08702 also shows the same view but was taken five months earlier, in January 1929.

Frognal House was a large country house which was once the seat of the Viscounts Sydney. In 1917 it became the site of the new Queen’s Hospital (later Queen Mary’s Hospital), a centre for pioneering plastic surgery. The house was later used for many years as administrative offices but is now a retirement home.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

20th Century Hospital, Post Medieval Country House

Back
to top