A view looking north-west towards Frognal House

Date:
19 Jan 1929
Location:
Frognal House, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08715
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'General view of the house, the above oak, and the stables at the rear from S.E'. [The oak to which he is referring can also be seen in BB71/08714]

Frognal House was a large country house which was once the seat of the Viscounts Sydney. In 1917 it became the site of the new Queen’s Hospital (later Queen Mary’s Hospital), a centre for pioneering plastic surgery. The house was later used for many years as administrative offices but is now a retirement home.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Post Medieval Country House, 20th Century Hospital

Back
to top