Looking north-west from the lawn towards the south-east front of Frognal House

Date:
17 Feb 1930
Location:
Frognal House, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08718
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'House (southeast front), and glimpses of the main stable building and also of the small stable building at the top of the farmyard from the E.S.E'.

Frognal House is a large country house which was once the seat of the Viscounts Sydney. In 1917 it became the site of the new Queen’s Hospital (later Queen Mary’s Hospital), a centre for pioneering plastic surgery. The house was later used for many years as administrative offices but is now a retirement home.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

20th Century Hospital, Post Medieval Country House

Back
to top