Looking south-east across the lawn at Frognal House towards some of the hospital buildings located in the grounds

Date:
18 Jun 1929
Location:
Frognal House, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
Show all locations
Queens Hospital, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08723
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The same view in Summer'. [The view he is referring to is described in the notes for BB71/08722 as 'View southeast across the lawn from the large oak, at the intersection of the two terraces, of the main hospital buildings']

Frognal House is a large country house which was once the seat of the Viscounts Sydney. In 1917 it became the site of the new Queen’s Hospital (later Queen Mary’s Hospital), a centre for pioneering plastic surgery. The house was later used for many years as administrative offices but is now a retirement home.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

20th Century Hospital Building

Back
to top