The trees in the east corner of the grounds at Frognal House

Date:
19 Jan 1929
Location:
Frognal House, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08729
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The two beech trees, just further down the path than the Spanish chestnuts. Looking E. southeast'. [The spanish chestnuts which he mentions can be seen in BB71/08728]

Frognal House is a large country house which was once the seat of the Viscounts Sydney. In 1917 it became the site of the new Queen’s Hospital (later Queen Mary’s Hospital), a centre for pioneering plastic surgery. The house was later used for many years as administrative offices but is now a retirement home.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Garden Path

Back
to top