A view of the yew trees around the well shed in the lower walled kitchen garden at Frognal House

Date:
19 Jun 1929
Location:
Frognal House, Lower Walled Kitchen Garden, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08737
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The lower walled kitchen garden was located just to the north-west of the main house.

The photographer's notes state: 'Yews round the well shed, near the N. east front of the house'.

Frognal House was a large country house which was once the seat of the Viscounts Sydney. In 1917 it became the site of the new Queen’s Hospital (later Queen Mary’s Hospital), a centre for pioneering plastic surgery. The house was later used for many years as administrative offices but is now a retirement home.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Walled Garden, Kitchen Garden

Back
to top