An interior view of the lobby on the south-east side of Frognal House
- 13 Jun 1929
- Frognal House, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
- Photograph (Negative)
The photographer's notes state: 'The lobby of the garden entrance, south-east front'.
Frognal House is a large country house which was once the seat of the Viscounts Sydney. In 1917 it became the site of the new Queen’s Hospital (later Queen Mary’s Hospital), a centre for pioneering plastic surgery. The house was later used for many years as administrative offices but is now a retirement home.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Entrance Hall, Post Medieval Country House, 20th Century Hospital