Looking across the first floor landing in Frognal House
- 14 Jun 1929
- Frognal House, Frognal Avenue, Sidcup, Bexley, Greater London Authority
- Photograph (Negative)
The photographer's notes state: 'Landing of the main staircase. Door in the centre opens into the gallery on southeast front. The door on right opens into the coved ceiling room (No 348), southwest front'.
Frognal House is a large country house which was once the seat of the Viscounts Sydney. In 1917 it became the site of the new Queen’s Hospital (later Queen Mary’s Hospital), a centre for pioneering plastic surgery. The house was later used for many years as administrative offices but is now a retirement home.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Landing, 20th Century Hospital, Post Medieval Country House