An exterior view, from the north-west, showing the Village Stores on Foots Cray High Street

Date:
4 Jul 1944
Location:
The Village Stores, Foots Cray High Street, Foots Cray, Bexley, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08779
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The shop, which has now been demolished, was adjacent to the Red Lion public house on the south side of the High Street (now Foots Cray High Street). At the time of this photograph it was run by Mrs Mary A. Mitchell.

The photographer's notes state: 'The Village Stores, S. west side, from N.W. Early Morning'.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

20th Century Shop, Post Medieval House

Back
to top