A view looking west from Maidstone road across the fields towards the farmstead at Ruxley Farm

Date:
7 May 1940
Location:
Ruxley Farm, Maidstone Road, Sidcup, Bromley, Greater London Authority
Show all locations
Ruxley Manor Garden Centre, Maidstone Road, Sidcup, Bromley, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08873
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The cart shed is visible on the south side of the group and the former St Boltoph's Church, which at this time was in use as a barn, is on the north.

The photographer's notes state: 'The farm in general seen in distance from E.S.E. From the road going northwest to the Sidcup-Farningham road from Lower Hockenden. The Church Barn prominent'. [The Church Barn he is referring to is the former Church of St Boltoph]

Ruxley Farm is now Ruxley Manor Garden Centre.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Farm

Back
to top