An exterior view of 1-6 Philipot Almshouses on the north side of Eltham High Street

Date:
21 Apr 1928
Location:
Thomas Philipot's Almshouses, Eltham High Street, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08971
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'Philipot Alsmhouses (Nos 1 (L), 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6 (R)). High Street (n. side) from S.E'.

There is also an additional note stating: 'These almshouses were demolished Summer 1931'.

The almshouses shown in this photograph were located on the north side of road, close to the present location of 193-203 Eltham High Street. They were demolished in order for the street to be widened. Thomas Philipot's Almshouses now occupy a new site on Philipot Path, Passey Place.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Post Medieval Almshouse

Back
to top