A view of the houses on the corner of Back Lane and Pound Place, taken from the south-east

Date:
9 Sep 1929
Location:
18-20 Back Lane, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
Show all locations
4-16 Pound Place, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/08974
Type:
Photograph (Negative)
Not what you're looking for? Try a new search

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'Nos 20 (l) and 18 (r) Back Lane (now Philipot Path). To right of the lamp post are Nos 16 (nearest), 14, 12, 10, 8, 6 & 4 Pound Place from S.E. No 2 at corner of High Street pulled down'.

There is also an additional note stating: 'All the above dwellings were demolished Oct 1929'.

Back Lane has since been renamed as Philipot Path and it no longer extends all the way to Pound Place.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Post Medieval House