A view looking north-east along the east side of Court Yard towards the south end of the Congregational Chapel on Eltham High Street, and with a car parked in front of number 33

Date:
26 Sep 1932
Location:
13-37 Court Yard, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority, SE9
Reference:
BB71/08990
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'Nos 33 (nearest), 31 & 29 nearer block. Nos 27, 25, 23, 21, 19, 17, 15 & 13 (furthest) further block. E. side Court Yard, looking towards High Street. At the extreme end can seen the Congregational Church at the corner of High Street (n. side) & Well Hall Rd (e. side). Opposite it is the new Martin's Bank on site of Nos 80 & 80a (see No 76)'. [No 76 refers to BB71/08989]

There is also an additional note stating: 'Nos 29 & 31 demolished probably early 1939; No 33 probably late 1939; and Nos 13-27 incl. at end of 1938'.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Shop, Post Medieval House

Back
to top