Looking north across the unfurnished entrance hall at Well Hall House
- 24 Feb 1930
- Well Hall House, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
- Photograph (Negative)
The photographer's notes state: 'The house. The entrance hall, looking north'.
Well Hall was originally a 16th century moated manor house owned by the Roper Family. It was demolished in 1733 and replaced with Well Hall House. The surviving older buildings were used then used as farm buildings. Well Hall House was demolished in the summer of 1931 and the farm buildings, including the Tudor Barn, were purchased by Woolwich Borough Council. The grounds of the house became Well Hall Pleasaunce Public Park.
At the time this photograph was taken the house appears to have been unoccupied.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Entrance Hall, Georgian House