Looking east along the south side of the moat at Well Hall House
- 20 Feb 1930
- Well Hall House, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
- Photograph (Negative)
The photographer's notes state: 'Looking eastwards up the south arm of the moat. Fine beech, on which many initials are cut, on left. The north wall of the old walled garden (then mostly kitchen garden) along the south side of the moat'.
Well Hall was originally a 16th century moated manor house owned by the Roper Family. It was demolished in 1733 and replaced with Well Hall House, which was itself demolished in the summer of 1931. The grounds of the house became Well Hall Pleasaunce Public Park.
At the time this photograph was taken the house appears to have been unoccupied.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Post Medieval Garden Wall, Tudor Moat