A view looking north across the moated island towards the south front of the Tudor Barn at Well Hall

Date:
21 Apr 1932
Location:
Well Hall Farm, Tudor Barn, Well Hall Road, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/09007
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The South Range. South front. General view of the whole from the south side of the moated island'.

Well Hall was originally a 16th century moated manor house owned by the Roper Family. It was demolished in 1733 and replaced with Well Hall House. The surviving older buildings were used then used as farm buildings. Well Hall House was demolished in the summer of 1931 and the Tudor Barn was converted into an art gallery and restaurant in 1936. The grounds of the house, including the moat, became Well Hall Pleasaunce Public Park.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Tudor Barn

Back
to top