The Tudor Barn on the north side of the moat at Well Hall as seen from the south-west

Date:
20 Feb 1930
Location:
Well Hall Farm, Tudor Barn, Well Hall Road, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/09013
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'General view of the west (on left) and south ranges from S.W. The north arm of the moat on right and the northward continuation of the west arm on left'.

Well Hall was originally a 16th century moated manor house owned by the Roper Family. It was demolished in 1733 and replaced with Well Hall House. The surviving older buildings were used then used as farm buildings. Well Hall House was demolished in the summer of 1931 and the Tudor Barn was converted into an art gallery and restaurant in 1936. The grounds of the house, including the moat, became Well Hall Pleasaunce Public Park.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Tudor Barn

Back
to top