A view of the farm building on the east bank of the west arm of the moat at Well Hall, taken from the north-west

Date:
20 Feb 1930
Location:
Well Hall Farm Outbuildings, Outbuildings, Well Hall Road, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority, SE9
Reference:
BB71/09014
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The building adjoining the south end, largely hidden by the trees, is the Tudor Barn. In the 1930's the most of the farm buildings at Well Hall were demolished, including the one pictured, but the Tudor Barn was converted into a restaurant and art gallery which opened in 1936.

The photographer's notes state: 'West side of the west range, with the west end of the south range at its further end. View from N.W. You can see the west arm of the moat right up to its south end by the N.W. angle of the walled garden. The railway embankment visible in the distance'.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Post Medieval Farm Building

Back
to top