Exterior view showing the north side of the Tudor Barn at Well Hall from the north-east

Date:
20 Feb 1930
Location:
Well Hall Farm, Tudor Barn, Well Hall Road, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
Reference:
BB71/09021
Type:
Photograph (Negative)

Description

The photographer's notes state: 'The South Range. Same view as above, but a little nearer and also somewhat truncated'.

Well Hall was originally a 16th century moated manor house owned by the Roper Family. It was demolished in 1733 and replaced with Well Hall House. The surviving older buildings were used then used as farm buildings. Well Hall House was demolished in the summer of 1931 and the Tudor Barn was converted into an art gallery and restaurant in 1936. The grounds of the house, including the moat, became Well Hall Pleasaunce Public Park.

Content

This is part of the Series: PEW01/01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection, Negatives; within the Collection: PEW01 Phillip Edmund Wills Street Collection

Rights

© Historic England Archive

People & Organisations

Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills

Keywords

Tudor Barn

Back
to top