An interior view of the large first floor room in the Tudor Barn at Well Hall
- 3 Mar 1930
- Well Hall Farm, Tudor Barn, Well Hall Road, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
- Photograph (Negative)
The photographer's notes state: 'The South Range. The so called "Ball Room" looking west from near the east end. This formed almost the entire upper floor of the range apart from the westernmost bit. About 87ft. long'.
Well Hall was originally a 16th century moated manor house owned by the Roper Family. It was demolished in 1733 and replaced with Well Hall House. The surviving older buildings were used then used as farm buildings. Well Hall House was demolished in the summer of 1931 and the Tudor Barn was converted in 1936 into a restaurant with an art gallery on the upper floor. The grounds of the house, including the moat, became Well Hall Pleasaunce Public Park.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills