Looking north-east along the River Cray towards the railway viaduct from Williams Place
- 12 Apr 1938
- 40-46 High Street, St Mary Cray, Bromley, Greater London Authority, BR5
- Photograph (Negative)
Our website works best with the latest version of the browsers below, unfortunately your browser is not supported. Using an old browser means that some parts of our website might not work correctly.
The photographer's notes state: 'The backs of the houses on W. side High Street & the river Cray. The back of the same block as seen from S.W. across the river Cray from the little road Williams Place. The stream, which is at an artificially raised level can be seen going through one of the arches of the railway viaduct towards the paper mills, which are just west of the parish church'.
Williams Place linked the High Street with the Orpington Bypass (now Sevenoaks Way) but it is no longer in existence. The east end of the road is now known as Market Meadow.
© Historic England Archive
Photographer: Street, Philip Edmund Wills
Victorian Railway Viaduct