A view looking west along Eltham High Street from close to the front of number 118
- Eltham High Street, Eltham, Greenwich, Greater London Authority
- Photograph (Negative)
This is a photograph of an earlier photographic postcard. It is believed that the image was photographed by PEW Street c1920-1950.
The photographer's notes state: 'High Street looking westwards. no 118 on extreme left. No 116 next. Behind the man standing on the right curb and beyond the tree is a glimpse of Blackney's Smithy. In front of the tree is a building consisting of Nos 31, 33 & 35 (nearest). Bit of No 37 on extreme right.'
There is an additional note stating: ''Nos 31, 33 & 35 were demolished 1928-9. The smithy was demolished 1925. Nos 118 & 166 demolished March 1936'.
And he has also added underneath: 'Barclay's Bank now on the site of the tree, which was not there is 1919. (This photographic postcard view taken some years before 1919)'.
31, 33, 35 and 37 Eltham High Street were located close to the present site of numbers 135-139, on the north side of the road.
This image is on the same glass negative as BB71/09162B.
© Historic England Archive
Creator of Archive: Street, Philip Edmund Wills